- the plug adapter bought in HK doesn’t fit there. Save your money and just borrow from your hotel.
- wide angle lens is a must, esp for indoor shooting like in Museum and Cathedral
- It’s hard to get Russian Ruble 俄羅斯盧布 in Hong kong. Suggestion is that just change US dollar or Euro and change to RUB from Airport or Hotel. Or you may simply take a card with you. ATM machine is everywhere in the city.
- Bare in mind that there is long distance between international terminal to domestic terminal in Moscow Airport with no shuttle, sure you have enough time to catch the inland flight.
- If you fly aeroflot, from HK to Moscow and then change inland flight to st pete. Airline will transfer the luggage for you, no need to pick up and carry it to domestic.
Food and Drink:
- people drink voldka like nothing there!
- soup, many different kinds of soup, is one of main dish in Russian Cuisine. Interstingly, they add sour cream for all soup.
- the real 羅素湯, Borsch, is very different from what we have in HK, much tasty
- tea. not only the English drinks tea, in fact, it’s also tradition drink in most eastern europe countries. There are lots of tea house found in st pete
- Kazakhstan food is so delicious. It’s style is so close to 新疆菜, probably because it’s also a Muslim Country.
- Dumpling. not only the Italian makes dumpling in Europe, it’s also tradition food in east european countries, like Russia, Ukraine & Lithuania. They even have sweet dumpling, putting berry or cheery inside, as dessert!
- It’s weird seeing lots of Sushi Restaurant there.
Place I visited (It was a business trip so i didn’t really visit many places.)